Natural landscape stone is one of the most versatile materials you can use when upgrading your outdoor living space. Homeowners in Ennis, Waxahachie, and Corsicana have discovered that creating a thriving landscape in this part of Texas has some interesting challenges. Everything you plant or install must be tolerant to intense heat, drought conditions at times, and even sudden, plummeting temperatures. The one element that can withstand these extremes and still come out looking good is stone!
Why Do We Love Stone?
The use of landscape stone is gaining momentum in popularity over concrete structures. Environmental awareness has caused a shift in how we build our living spaces, choosing to be in harmony with the natural world. Stone has existed for thousands of years and reminds us of the many journeys it may have taken. A landscape boulder that attracts you because of its unique shape, color and texture may have been part of a mountain once. We are surprised and drawn to their beauty.
Visit Our Stone Yard In Ennis, Texas
We are proud of the stone yard we have at Tex-Scapes! If you are looking to do some stonework in your yard and need supplies, drop into our garden center to get your questions answered and all the supplies you need to fulfill your landscape design. Our staff is known for being super friendly and will be delighted to take you on the tour. Prepare yourself to be inspired! Once you see our stone collection, your creativity will let loose!
We carry several varieties of stone at the Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscape that can serve various purposes in your new landscape:
- Flagstone - this is a flat stone that comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and thicknesses. It is used mainly for patios and/or walkways. It comes with varying degrees of durability, so be sure to let us know how you plan to use it.
- Chopped Stone and Bricks - you may have seen this used in outdoor kitchens and walls, but it is also great for edging around flowerbeds and for walkways. It comes in many different colors and densities.
- Larger Boulders - this is where you can start to have fun with your creative eye. Every boulder is completely unique, like an artistic centerpiece. You can place one or more of these in your landscape to make a statement.
- River Rock - are you attracted to stones that have been smoothed and rounded by eons of flowing water? We carry this type of stone to use in place of mulch or as a ground cover.
- River Cobble - with this stone, you get all the benefits of River Rock, but in a larger grade. The gorgeous color palette of these stones will complement every landscape design.
- Pea Gravel - just as the name suggests, this stone is roughly the size of green peas. It is quite a versatile stone, and easy to walk on, making it popular for paths, walkways, driveways or as a base for paving stones.
- Decomposed Granite - this is smaller than Pea Gravel and sometimes gets mistaken for sand. It is perfect a filler between flagstones and patio stones, or as a long lasting landscape mulch.
Landscape Stone Is Good For The Environment
Imagine a backyard where you had only plant life and trees. It would be like trying to foray through a jungle. A well-designed landscape includes a balance between the greenery and the "hard" or non-organic materials. You need walkways, paths and patios to allow to you move around and use your outdoor space. You need edging that contains areas and prevents the elements from overrunning each others territory. The various types of stone you will find at our garden center can be used to accommodate all of these needs.
Landscape stone is taken directly from the natural environment, so it is 100 percent non-toxic and environmentally friendly. It does not require maintenance and will last for centuries. You don't need to water your stone, and as a matter of fact, it will help to conserve your water resources. Wherever there is water runoff in your yard, stone ground cover acts as a collector, permitting the water to seep deep into the soil. The stone layer acts as a moisture barrier, preventing the water from evaporating back into the atmosphere.
Why You Need More Stone In Your Ennis, Texas Landscape
Used thoughtfully, stone can be one of the greatest assets in your landscape:
- A tall stone, higher than the plants around it acts as a focal point, much like the designs in traditional Japanese gardens.
- On a slope that might be difficult to mow, a rock garden, interwoven with delicate grasses and brightly-colored flowers is breathtaking.
- Smooth river rocks of various sizes can be used to create a flattering dry stream bed that winds its way through the greenery and foliage in your yard.
- Place unique specimen rocks in the curves and corners of your walkways and patios to make it look as though they were there first, accented by potted flowers or miniature herb gardens.
- Use stones to create sculptured pathways alongside your water feature, enhancing the environment with the sounds of a bubbling brook.
- Use flagstone to create patterns or geometric designs in your patios and walkways that transform those areas to works of art.
We Look Forward To Seeing You
It is with good reason we invite you to come down to see us at our Ennis, Texas garden center, especially when you plan to do the work on your own landscape. It will give you a sense of possibilities yet to be discovered!
We also want you to have the chance to speak with our knowledgeable horticulturalists and landscape installers. They look forward to providing you with all the information, materials and tools you need to build your dream landscape. If your project becomes larger than you want to handle, we can take care of the landscape installation and construction for you. Since we began in 2004, we have developed a reputation for excellent workmanship and customer service beyond expectation!
At the garden center, you can speak directly with one of our landscape installation specialists. Or give us a call to discuss your project and learn how you can best use landscape stone to create a spectacular outdoor space.
Visit the Premiere Garden Supply Store in Ennis, Texas
We love our garden supply store, and we think you will, too. Visit us at the following hours:
Come to Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscape for Drainage and Retaining Walls Services
At Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscape, we can help with all of your landscaping and outdoor projects. Browse through our wide selection of plants, trees, and grasses in our nursery. We have the irrigation services, landscaping design, and all of the gardening supplies you need to keep your landscaping green. We offer services for both residential and commercial properties. Please contact our team here or call us at (972) 875-1716.