Rely on Our Experience When It Comes to Building a Better Retaining Wall
Retaining walls are man-made structures that hold soil behind it. Instead of allowing your soil to slope naturally down your sloping yard, you can create a wall to make two flat levels of soil, one at the top of the wall, and one at the bottom. Retaining walls can be constructed from various materials, such as concrete blocks, concrete slabs, stone, or brick. A good retaining wall adds a unique design to your landscape, provides stability in your sloped landscape, and prevents soil erosion.
The Tex-Scapes landscaping team can provide you with the right retaining wall solution for your Ennis, Texas yard. Engineering and constructing a retaining wall that won't fall down or buckle under pressure is a job for hardscaping professionals. Many factors go into the design of your wall, including soil type and proper drainage. Tex-Scapes has been in business since 2004, and we have the necessary experience and equipment to build a retaining wall that will last for years.
Different Types of Retaining Walls Solve Different Types of Landscaping Problems
No two landscapes are the same, so your retaining wall is going to look and function differently than the wall down the road. Learn a little more about the varieties of retaining walls and how they look and function.
- Gravity retaining wall. A gravity wall relies on its own weight to hold soil back. This means the wall itself will be strong and thick, and it usually leans slightly into the soil to support it better. A gravity wall is a versatile choice because it can be tailored to look anyway you like it, and it is good in tight spaces. If built correctly, the wall is very durable and long-lasting.
- Cantilevered retaining wall. A cantilevered wall is usually made of solid slabs of concrete. The base of the wall has a heel that sticks into the soil and a toe that sticks out the other way. The concrete slab can be faced with a decorative material for greater appeal.
- Piled retaining wall. This is the thinnest type of wall. It reaches deep into the ground to keep it in place and withstand the pressure of the soil. Since this wall is lightweight and thin, it can fit into smaller places and adapt well to corners.
- Anchored retaining wall. Any retaining wall can be anchored to give it more resistance against the soil. The anchor is attached to the wall and inserted into the soil behind it.
Retaining walls can be short or tall, wide or narrow, ornately decorated or minimalist in style. You can build a retaining wall to act as a bench. You can build a tall one to give you more privacy in your outdoor living space. Short retaining walls can act as steps, leading up the slope of your yard. If you have an idea of how you would like your retaining wall to look, please let us know. We can customize a retaining wall that will look and function perfectly in your Ennis, TX landscape.
A Few Words from Happy Tex-Scapes Customers
This greenery is so nice, clean, and well stocked and organized. The people are very nice and genuine!! They know their stuff and always willing to help! Brett was so respectful and listened intently to our needs and concerns. We left with some good plants and compost as well as a plan for the future of our landscaping plans!! Thank you Brett!! Thank you Tex scapes!! We will be back!!
I absolutely LOVE this nursery! Everyone is friendly and very knowledgeable. I recommend this place to everyone looking to make their outdoor living space beautiful.
Tex-Scapes did a great job of removing existing overgrown landscaping and reinstalling landscaping. Quick, two-day process for our smaller lot with great results. Several compliments from neighbors, and a fair price for the amount of work done in completely removing several larger bushes, smaller trees, and existing plants and redoing several beds.
I live 30 minutes away and just discovered Tex-Scapes a few weeks ago and have been back twice since then. The quality of plants and flowers are phenomenal with a great price. All the staff is friendly and eager to help. Brett was hard working, exceptional in answering our questions, and loading our purchases in the truck. Thank you for your assistance!
I really enjoyed all the options this greenery had to offer. Brett Neal was very helpful with showing me the flowers, and was patient with my kids in the greenhouse! I highly recommend this place for your next landscaping purchase! And ask for Brett!
We are so thankful for Texscapes! We had a garden bed put it in and due to the shelter in place we were unable to buy plants before it started. But thanks to Brett at Texscapes we are able to get all of the beautiful flowers we needed! He went above and beyond and was so kind. We chatted over the phone and he even video called me so I could pick out the exact plants I wanted, and that was so no small feat! We are beyond happy with Texscapes and Brett’s customer service and personal touch. And thankful for their flexibility during this unprecedented time. Highly recommend!
Brett neal was so amazing today he literally helped us find everything we wanted and needed and if we had any questions he was right there to help us with the answer!!!! Thank you so much.
Carve Out a Better Space in Your Landscape with a New Retaining Wall
Imagine the way your yard could look with a beautiful retaining wall to create different levels in your landscape. Find more hardscaping inspiration on our Portfolio page.
Efficient, High-Quality Landscaping Begins with Tex-Scapes' Proven Process
We follow a simple process to get your landscaping done correctly and on schedule. Your input is vital every step of the way.
- Initial Consultation. During our on-site consultation, we listen closely to your needs and wants, so we can give you exactly what you had in mind.
- First Design Plan. This initial design plan is based off our previous analysis and discussion.
- Plan Review. We'll go over the plan with you, and you can suggest changes.
- Final Design Plan. Based on our review, we finalize the design, adding in details such as the estimated costs, materials used, and estimated timeline.
- Installation Phase. Upon your approval, we can move right into the installation phase to begin construction on your retaining wall.
Throughout the entire process, we aim for complete customer satisfaction.
Full-Service Landscaping Available in Ennis and Surrounding Areas
Check out these other landscaping options available to you in Ennis, Texas:
The other side of Tex-Scapes is our year-round garden store and nursery, located in Ennis. We hand-pick all our landscaping materials from our own supplies. You can even help us choose from the varieties of plants, trees, and shrubs that are available. If stone is a part of your landscape design, your materials will come from our stoneyard. Looking for the perfect finishing touches? Check out our well-stocked garden store. We'll be there, ready to help you find exactly what you need.
Step Up to Professional Landscaping in Ennis, Texas
Whether you are dreaming of a gently curving retaining wall to add sophistication to your landscape, or you need a practical solution to your soil erosion problem, we can offer you our professional assistance. Give us a call, or fill out our online form. Together, we'll transform your landscape, so you can enjoy it for years to come.
Ready to get started on your project?
Schedule your Project Planning meeting online now!