Ready to start your landscaping project but not sure what to plant? At Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscape, we have an expert team of landscapers and horticulturalists with the knowledge and creativity to help you create a spectacular outdoor space. Being local and family-owned, we live and breathe the Texas lifestyle!
We are experts in what types of greenery grow best in our climate. In our garden center, you will find everything you need to start and maintain your landscape. We specialize in native plants - Ennis, TX homeowners and surrounding area gardeners are invited to swing by to see our selection!
Why Choose Native Plants for Your Ennis, Texas Home?
By planting your landscape with species that grow naturally in the area, you add to the preservation of our biodiversity. It means that you nurture and sustain the living landscape required for the local bird population, insects and other animals that are native to this part of Texas.
We have seen the effects of choosing certain exotic species foreign to the area, that choke out the native plants and encourage invasive pests. Native species support the delicate balance in the local ecosystem, growing in harmony with all other plant life and providing food sources for the area wildlife.
What Are Native Plants?
Plants that are indigenous to a geographical area are considered native. It includes the species that grew naturally on the North American continent before the European settlers introduced species from abroad.
Benefits For Your Landscape
Plants that are native to our area have evolved to flourish in the local climate, soil conditions and wildlife. Since they already grow without the need for special attention, they give you several advantages.
- Water Savings - Once the root system is established, most native plants will survive with minimal irrigation - they have already adapted to the normal amount of rainfall we get in Ennis, TX.
- No Pesticides - As part of their natural evolution, native plants have developed their own defenses against pests and diseases. Harmful pesticides are not required to keep them healthy.
- Low Maintenance - Native plants fit naturally with your landscaping efforts because they have already adapted to the environment. They require less water, less attention and minimal fertilizer.
Our Selection Of Native Plants
We are very proud of the varieties of hardy native plants we grow in our garden center for your landscaping needs. The best way to become familiar with them is to drop by the nursery. Some of the species we carry include:
- Texas Sage, a durable, easy-care shrub with beautiful blooms from white, pink or lavender to purple.
- Vitex, an assertive growing plant with purple, pink or off-white bloom spikes similar to lilac flowers.
- Desert Willow - a highly drought-resistant species that produces fragrant, showy pink blooms.
- Salvia (Greg-Eye), a soft, mounding shrub that is evergreen in warmer climates, producing a minty aroma and blossoms that can be red, pink and orange.
- Ornamental Grasses, long, arching foliage that comes in a variety of textures, shapes and flowering spikes.
- Cactus (Yucca), a flowering succulent that produces elegant white blooms, especially with lots of direct sunlight.
- Crepe Myrtles, easy to cultivate with year-round interest through attractive winter bark, colorful fall foliage and showy summer blooms from white to shades of deep red and purple.
Xeriscaping With Native Plants in Ennis, TX
Xeriscaping is a type of landscaping or gardening designed in mind for areas that receive very little rainfall. By choosing plants that have adapted to drought-like conditions, the need to provide supplemental water from irrigation is reduced.
This is an increasingly popular form of landscaping because of its benefits to the environment. Not only does it minimize the use of precious water resources, but the root networks of the plant species assist to prevent soil erosion. By preventing water runoff, our local streams and lakes are not contaminated by life-threatening pollutants and organic particles.
Goals For Your Native Plant Landscape
Through the creative placement of colorful, native plants and flowering shrubs, your yard can become an enjoyable part of your living space. It upgrades the aesthetics of your home and gives you a delightful environment to conduct your outdoor activities. Your landscape becomes an extension of the greater beauty of our scenic area. It creates a "bridge" to nearby wildlands.
The choice to reduce the use of pesticides in your yard is beneficial for everyone in your home - pets included! They can be harmful to human health as well as to the environment. They are indiscriminate killers, meaning that they kill the beneficial insect population along with the pests. Native plants have developed a supportive relationship with the insects that are part of the food chain that feeds the area birds. Without man-made pesticides, natural pest control takes over, and helps to keep garden toxins out of our waterways.
Native plants attract birds, butterflies, beneficial insects and other interesting wildlife that allow you to view nature at its best!
Visit Our Garden Center and Nursery
At Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscape, we go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that your dream for a gorgeous Ennis, TX yard is fulfilled. Our friendly staff would love to take you on a tour of the nursery and answer all of your questions. You will be pleasantly surprised by the creative ideas we can offer you for your landscape design.
We'll chat with you about your lifestyle - how much time, effort, and energy you want to put into a project. Depending on this and what will grow best in your lawn or landscape based on your experience, sun exposure, we'll help you choose the foliage that works!
We thoroughly enjoy working with DIY landscapers and gardeners, but for those of you that prefer to oversee, rather than do the work, our team of landscapers will do the installation for you. After all, we are experts, having started as a local landscaping company in 2005.
Swing by the nursery or give us a call. We are more than happy to help you choose the best native plants that are a fit for your Ennis, TX lawn!
Visit the Premiere Garden Supply Store in Ennis, Texas
We love our garden supply store, and we think you will, too. Visit us at the following hours:
Spring Hours (March - May)
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday – Closed
Summer & Winter Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday – Closed
Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscape: A Garden Center and More
Tex-Scapes is more than a garden center and plant nursery, we're also a full-service landscaping company serving Ennis, Waxahachie, Corsicana and the surrounding areas. We're experienced in all kinds of landscape, irrigation and drainage projects from small yards and gardens to large corporate projects. No job is too small, and we're always willing to help a neighbor! So, give us a ring at (972) 875-1716, get a hold of us online, or better yet, stop in so we can see your smiling face and get to know you!