Join Our Experienced Team in Ennis, Texas!
For outdoor and gardening enthusiasts, working at a garden center can be very rewarding, especially if you enjoy caring for plants and you like helping people find solutions. Plant nursery jobs involve both these activities. At Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscape, our garden center is a primary part of our business, since it supplies our customers with the gardening and landscaping greenery they need for their homes and commercial properties. It is the hub of activity where our staff remains an important resource for customers with questions about planting and landscaping.
Available Garden Center Jobs
Email resume to email@example.com or come in and apply in person.
Monday - Friday | 8 am - 5:30 pm or Saturday | 8 am - 5 pm
Plant Nursery Knowledge Requirements
Being knowledgeable in horticultural practices is an asset in a garden center, and in particular, familiarity with plants that grow naturally in the Ennis, Texas area! This includes:
- Trees and Shrubs
- Bedding Flowers and Hanging baskets
- Potted Trees and Plants
- Grasses and ornamental grasses
- Vegetables and cooking herbs
- Mulch, Compost and Soil
- Fertilizer and Fungicide
- Growing Cycles and Maintenance
Work Activities For Plant Nursery Jobs
Working in a garden center requires a variety of skill sets. Following is an overview of skills you will use in the nursery.
- Considerable use of your whole body, including your arms, legs and back is required for lifting, climbing, balancing, stooping, walking, and carrying. Wheelbarrows and hand trucks are used to push or haul heavy bags and plants.
- Your hands and arms are used in handling, installing, positioning, and moving plants and gardening materials.
- Lifting and moving plants, trees, pots, soil, fertilizer, and landscaping materials is required.
- You are in constant communication with customers, co-workers, and supervisors in person and in written form.
- Cooperative working relationships with others is important.
- Obtaining, receiving, and giving information happens regularly.
- As a representative of Tex-Scapes Nursery and Landscapes, it is important that you communicate with friendly and professional courtesy.
- Providing customers with accurate solutions and showing them the benefits of additional products or services is valuable.
- It is imperative that our customers' concerns and questions are met with care and consideration, so listening to what they have to say is important.
Organization and Attention to Details
- Depending on the tasks for the day, you may be called upon to plan and prioritize, in order to accomplish the work.
- Coordinating with co-workers to complete tasks is helpful.
- Evaluating the situation and environment to be in compliance with company policies and safety regulations is essential.
- Assessing the needs of the customers, and then to respond quickly and appropriately is necessary.
- Reporting or resolving issues with equipment or the facility helps to maintain a safe and functioning work environment.
Why Customer Service Matters
Providing positive experiences for our customers is a priority at Tex-Scapes Nursery. Our customers depend on us for providing the best solutions for all of their gardening and landscaping needs. It demonstrates commitment to our company's mission and our desire to build a valuable organization for the benefit of the residents of Ennis, Texas.
Value. Excellent customer service has a focus on treating customers with care, answering their questions and overall, exceeding their expectations. Our friendly and professional approach is the basis for the strong, long-term relationships we have with our customers.
Loyalty. Trustworthiness is a quality that customers appreciate. We strive to keep our customers satisfied with excellent service and workmanship, and as a result, they are devoted to the services we provide. Their repeat business and endorsements of our company are invaluable. Our customers are our "brand ambassadors.”
Longevity. Serving the needs of our customers is key to retaining them, and attracting new customers. Our business exists only because of fulfilling the needs of our customers with excellence. The way we treat our customers has a direct effect on the success of our business.
Our Employees Are Like Family
We acquired the garden center in Ennis, Texas in 2005, and it was the natural next step to growing our landscape and irrigation company. Starting out as a family-owned and operated business, we have always felt that each new employee that joined the company was another family member. While all of our employees are courteous and professional, we maintain a relaxed, friendly working environment.
We encourage our staff to bring forward their ideas for improvements, and we welcome their contributions to the growth of our company. We are proud of our team’s knowledge and skills, and we truly want each employee to succeed. We attribute much of our reputation for quality to the dedication, hard work, and enthusiasm of our staff. They are always willing to lend a helping hand, going above and beyond anything our customers could have imagined. If you can picture yourself in this environment, contributing as a member of the team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Our Invitation for You to Join Our Team
Our staff is very knowledgeable about trees, plants, grasses, fertilizers, growing cycles and landscape materials—everything that goes into developing a thriving garden, beautiful flower beds, and gorgeous outdoor spaces. We are always looking for great people to join our family!
We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction! Our goal is to make every customer feel welcome and know that we have answers to their questions, and recommendations for the perfect plant or tree.
We serve customers with varying needs. It could be neighborhood folks with green thumbs seeking a little DIY advice, or it might be other professional landscape contractors looking for bulk plants and landscaping supplies. We take care of all of their needs.
When visiting our store you will find an awesome staff, eager to help in any way. We cannot emphasize enough how much we value our staff—we treat our employees like family. If this kind of work environment sounds right for you, we invite you to come over to the nursery for a tour. We would be more than happy to show you around!
Contact us to get more information about the current and upcoming positions available, both full time and seasonal. Or send an email to us here: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check this page often to see the list of new positions being offered.